Thursday, February 26, 2009

The moment I saw her face...


One year ago today we received our referral for sweet little Meron. It was such a surreal moment... Finally, all of that paperwork, worry, and wait had culminated in us seeing her beautiful face.
What a year! Things have changed so much. She has changed so much.

Tonight we will also be celebrating because Meron's citizenship paperwork came in and we now have all of the documentation to say she is most definitely a U.S. citizen. It's so strange that the document came today, on her referral anniversary...

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Wow, it has been a year?!?! :) I know how special today is for you guys. That is amazing her documents came today. It is a God sign!

Dianne said...

I can't believe it's been that long! Happy one year of knowing who you were waiting to love :)

Amanda said...

While at the HOH we left a note in the guestbook. I was flipping through and saw your note. I saw the date and thought "no way has it been that long". Crazy how the time flies.

I remember seeing this photo when you passed court. I'm glad the citizenship paperwork came in. What a day for it!

Congrats.

The Journey said...

It's baffling how quickly a year goes by, happy referralversary! I'm psyched that you're considering going to the ET Heritage Camp, we'd love to meet up with you too! I think we're going to try and turn it into a mini-vaca and spend a night or two in D.C. checking out the ET neighborhoods/restaurants and maybe a night or two in VA, who knows - just excited to go to the camp, it sounds like a great time.

Justine said...

She is just so beautiful! It is amazing how little she looks in that photo. What a blessing she is to your family. Happy referral -versary!

QB said...

Happy (belated) Meronversary! Like everyone else, I can't beleive it's been a year. Congrats on the citizenship docs.

I'm jealous of your vacation pics - it looks like so much fun and warm.

And wusha is just ridiculously cute. I think my daughters first words might be "metfo wushotch" (bad dogs) because i say it about our 2 so much. Hope Brew gets over it and makes nice soon.

Annie said...

Congrats on M's citizenship!! Can't believe it's been a year.

I remember you had a silly, fun picture in a post last spring and said something to the effect that you wonder how Meron will fit in/will she think you are too crazy/goofy.
i think in your vacation photos with the girls in the sombreros it shows how she fits in just fine ;)