Sunday, February 24, 2008

Let's go away for awhile, you and I

Weezer - Holiday
I have to say that this past week was wonderful! Last Saturday we met with the EthiopiaAdoptGA group and it was sooo much fun meeting everyone. It was a bit unnerving for me, because I tend to be shy, especially in large groups. Luckily, I had been emailing with a few people, and I had uber social D there with me so I was able to not turn into a wall flower. The Bean had fun, but not long after we got there she spent a long amount of time on a circular swinging tire, and got motion sick. I think it took her at least an hour to get over that. Once she felt better, she found another girl her age in the group and was very dissappointed when it was time to leave. Thanks again Jason and Stephanie!

Work actually recognizes Presidents Day as a holiday, so I only worked Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Wednesday, I rode into work with Dad Nard, then D and The Bean picked me up at then end of the day and we headed down to D's parents' house in FL. Here in GA the kids get a "Winter Break"... It's not the "Holiday Break" that happens around Christmas and New Years, and it's not "Spring Break" which is in April... I have no idea why this break exists, but we definitely took advantage of it.

We drove straight down to FL from work, and were lucky to get to watch the entire lunar eclipse that happened that night. D was able to snap a few good shots of the moon right before the full eclipse just as we crossed the GA/FL state line.
Thursday we went to Magic Kingdom and had a blast. D's mom went with us and she is a hoot at the parks. She rides most of the rides with us and is completely able to keep up.
Friday we went to the beach (this was the main reason for the trip, I really did not get my fill of salty sea air while we were in Hawaii... I gotta keep working on D on that whole moving to a tropical island thing; I'm open to suggestions.) It was a blast. My favorite beach out in that area is the one at Patrick Airforce Base. It is much less crowded than the other local beaches and it seems to have bigger waves (not even close to what we saw in Hawaii.)
Saturday we were supposed to chill and swim at D's parents house, but it was raining. So, We decided to go out to Universal Studios. Now this is where things get good. They had some deal going where FL and GA residents could by annual passes for both Unervisal Studios and Islands of Adventure for $99/person. It took me a little while to convince Money Miser D, but he finally agreed. I have now ensured that I will get plenty of salty sea air this year 'cause D is going to want to get his money's worth on those annual passes. I'm sooo brilliant sometimes (you can all gag now.)

Today we drove home and were greeted with an interesting email and phone message from CHI. We're hoping to find out more about those tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

lcm0709 said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I too love salty air. It ignites all my senses. I never tire of it!

So the interesting email sounds interesting... hmmm...........

Amanda said...

Sounds like you've been keeping busy...
and, a winter break sounds fantastic to me.

I wish more families were with CHI from here, but as far as I know, we're the only ones. I'd love to have a group that I could meet with.

The link to the store where I bought the songs:
http://www.abshirokids.com/

As soon as it opens up, you can hear some Amharic children's songs. Hit "enter" and then you can choose where you want to go.
Have fun!

LISA said...

After reading about your trips,I want a vacation now!!
Soooo......what was the email and phone message?????Inquiring minds wanna know.(me,i need to know)LOL!!