Love when I can throw in an appopriate song quote...
I'm not really lonely; I am annoying D by waking up at 2:30 am in Hawaii. Now, to be fair, it was really like 7:30 am in GA, and I obviously have not adjusted my internal clock yet.
So, I'm bored and D is not up for a beach excursion just yet.
My flight yesterday bit... There was an older (much, much older) group that was to go on a cruise once arriving in Hawaii. They were rediculously rowdy which really annoyed me. I mean, seriously, wouldn't it have made more sense for them to rest on the plane and then be rowdy once they arrived in Hawaii. But no, they insisted on congregating, 3 or 4 at a time, around the woman sitting next to me, and talking loudly through out the entire time the seat-belt sign was off. This meant that I had old people asses in my face for 8+ hours yesterday. Needless to say, not all of them smelled pretty. This situation was not helped by the fact that I am slightly claustrophobic. To add to this, the woman sitting next to me had bathed herself in cheap perfume, which reaked havoc on my sinuses. By the end of the flight my eyes were swollen and completely bloodshot and that is with taking benedryl... Curse you stupid figity perfume wearer who kicked me several times!
I digresss... upon arrival in Honolulu, I fell in love!!! This place is gorgeous. The weather is amazing. It was bright, sunny, and breazy when I stepped out of the airport. The temp was around 75 degrees, and the air smelled sooooo clean. So far nothing has deterred me from my resolve to convince D that we need to move here.
I had to wait a bit for D's flight to get in (yes, we were on different planes... I wasn't doing all of those lay-overs when my company was willing to buy me direct flight.) As it turned out, his travel experience was much better than mine, and he was blessed with a seat mate lady who was an Andy Warhol look-a-like. He's advised that she resembled him both demeanor and looks. I think he should have grabbed a pick of her so we could check it out with My Heritage's celebrity morphing software.
Last night, we went to a really boring and lame "fakey luau" (I just love being able to throw in a Lilo & Stitch quote; now if I can just find a way to use the Alien explitive that makes the whole council gasp, I'll be impressed with myself). Anyway, we met a cute couple there who also was extremely dissappointed with the Luau and we all left about half-way through it. I knew it was going to be cheezy, but I thought, at least, the food would be good. I was very wrong in that respect. At least it was just the first night. It's not as if we would've done much else last night given that we were pretty tired from our flights.
Anyway, I need to try to get some more sleep. We are suppose to hike to Kaena Point today and then go check out the Waikiki International Market.
Aloha!
Staying Centered at Christmas
7 years ago


2 comments:
There's nothing worse than cheap perfume poured on someone that can't smell it themselves. Ugggh!
Hope the rest of your trip is FABULOUS!
ENJOY!
hi! I'm Amanda and my husband and I are adopting through CHI (from Ethiopia).
Welcome to Hawaii!
We live about 20 minutes from the airport-I felt the same way when we first moved here.
It turns out to be just like any other place, though....
(but, without ruining your experience: enjoy your time here!)
Aloha!
Post a Comment