Monday, June 9, 2008

"I have to go peepee"

That sentence was spoken by SweetPea after I asked "Where are you going?" earlier today. It is so amazing how quickly she is learning to speak English...

So, as it is, living for the weekend isn't all bad when then weekends are like this past one. We had a blast all weekend long. It started early with the arrival of D's bro B and his two children AO and NO. AO is The Bean's "absolutely most favorite person in the world, possibly the universe". I have to admit AO is pretty high on my list, too. She has always been very sweet to The Bean, and was just as sweet to SweetPea this weekend.

Friday, I had to work, but they all played disc-golf at a local course and went swimming. Unfortunately, B had injured his ankle Thursday night in a soccer game, so D had to take B to get his ankle checked out... Luckily, even though it was a total Kankle, it was only sprained. Later that evening D's sister DJ arrived in town and came over for dinner, and sometime in all of that D's parents also arrived. After dinner and many rounds of MarioKart, DJ had to head back up to her hotel in Alpharetta so that she would be ready for her soccer tournament on Saturday.

Around midday on Saturday Dad Nard came over with the three older Nard children and we all loaded up (minus Grandma, Grandpa, and DJ) and headed downtown to the Virginia Highland Summerfest. The SummerFest was pretty fantastic (even though it felt like it was a million degrees outside.) There were so many art booths that I am possitive that we did not get to check them all out. Besides the art, the Summerfest always has some pretty decent musical guests, and this year they had one of D's and my favorites.

Matt Costa played an hour long show and it was really good. The Bean was kindof a stinker through it, because she wanted to climb a rock wall instead, but Cait Nard and SweetPea loved it (I'm not sure about AO, NO and the Nard boys... I don't think it's their type of music.) What I loved most about the whole concert was hearing SweetPea sing along to this and this.

That night Cait Nard stayed over, as well (what's one more body, right?) and all of the kids had a blast. They ran around outside until the misquitos came out in swarms, then it was dress up, MarioKart, and Guitar Hero.

The Bean's birthday was Sunday and she was so excited that she couldn't wait for D to come in and wake her up with the "Happy Birthday" song and instead woke us up by singing it to herself. She thought was hilarious. D and I threw together The Bean's party stuff, and by noon the Nards and DJ had arrived and were ready to eat. She had a great little Hawaiian themed party (as requested) and D & I were very happy to not be dealing with the ridiculously large crowd that we had for her birthday last year.


SweetPea was so inspired from Matt Costa concert that she has now taken up the ukelele.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy belated birthday Bean! Sounds like you had a great birthday party weekend. Did either Bean or Sweetpea actually climb the rock wall or make it to the top? Looks like Sweetpea was ready to go. Is she scared of anything? :)

Sherry

LISA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAN!!!
What a totally fun weekend!!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday ( a bit belated) Bean!

Loved seeing Sweet Pea's video ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the video of SweetPea rocking out!! :)