Saturday, December 6, 2008

1st Santa Meeting


SweetPea finally met Santa. Today we met the Thornton's for lunch at our local fav pizza place (I think it's the fave for our whole town)and mid-pizza some little elves came to advise us that Santa was handing out candy accross the parking lot. SweetPea heard that and was stoked. She first got super excited, then nervous. I think having Olivia there with her helped her confidence and she only hesitated a little before getting on Santa's lap.

When Santa asked what she wanted for Christmas she replied "Hannah Montana popcorn"... I'm pretty excited about that because I just recently saw a Hannah Montana popcorn tin in K-mart for less than $10 bucks. Wonder if she will always be so easy to please.

The Bean and Cait were not so easy to please and each gave Santa a long list of things they "needed" for Christmas. I think I cringed at least 3 times during their Santa lap time.

The Bean also rode a pony in a Christmas parade today. She was so excited and loved that some of her friends from school saw her and starting calling our her name during the parade. SweetPea froze during all of it, and I missed the whole thing. The Nards brought over the 4 beautiful Nard kids so that they could go out tonight for their 10th anniversary.

So tonight, D and I are caring for our two (ages 5 and 7) and the four Nards (ages 8, 6, 2, and 7 months). It's been quite a while since I have cared for little ones over night, so it should be interesting. Needless to say I will abstain from the ear-plug wearing tonight.

Please, sleep tight little ones.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the new layout and photos...and, you know, I saw the Hannah Montana popcorn today at Kmart too! Haha.

I was wondering about the Santa thing...I'm thinking it's ok to do it with our kids? Or, is the age a weird thing?

What's your opinion?