The weather here in GA has gotten cold and dry. Cold and dry is bad for SweetPea's hair. So, I have begun braiding her hair weekly. At first, I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to do them well, but I have been happy with my results. I am still trying to work out how to get the braids to stay neat if I do not put a band at the base of the hair, but putting a band at both ends is easy. 

Anyway, this really seems to keep SweetPea's hair soft through the whole week, and her hair is growing like crazy.
What I love best about this is Saturday mornings. Saturday morning I take the braids out and brush her hair:
Then D washes her hair and I braid it again.
Staying Centered at Christmas
7 years ago


3 comments:
Beautiful, beautiful! (With or without braids :)
I know, I just wish she liked her hair like that, too. Unfortunately, she gets ticked everytime she sees herself with "big hair".
OK - I am going to come to you for some tips in the hair department. I have never been very talented in this area. The first words my mom said when I told her we were adopting a girl were "you're going to have to learn how to do hair." Help! Sweetpea looks gorgeous. She is starting to look more "grown up" too.
Post a Comment